- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
OSF St. Anthony classes offer help for holiday weight management
From press release
With holiday parties, special dinner menus and home-baked pies, cookies and treats, keeping extra pounds off during the holidays can be a challenge.
OSF St. Anthony Medical Center is offering three
Weight Management During the Holidays
classes in December to help participants maintain or lose weight and to stay healthy during the holidays.
During the sessions, a dietitian and an exercise physiologist will offer tips for enjoying the season’s celebrations while keeping weight in check.
Classes are held from 6 to 6:45 p.m. on Wednesdays, Dec. 2, 9 and 16, at the OSF Center for Health Fitness, 5510 E. State St. Each class is $10.
Tips for Healthy Eating on the Run
will be presented Dec. 2. Participants will discover how to incorporate healthy eating into a busy shopping schedule.
Participants will learn how to stay in shape without having to leave the house during the Dec. 9 class,
Tips for Exercising at Home.
Healthy Holiday Cooking
Dec. 16 will offer healthy, weight-conscious recipes for holiday cooking. Participants are invited to share their recipes with the group as well.
To register for any or all of the classes, call (815) 395-4563.
OSF St. Anthony Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, is owned and operated by OSFS HealthCare, an affiliate corporation of The Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis, Peoria. The Medical Center Web site is www.osfsaintanthony.org.
From the November 25-December 1, 2009 issue