- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Bowl-a-thon Fund-raiser for CASA
Nov. 8, the 15th Judicial Circuit CASA kicked off their first Ogle County Bowl-a-thon Fund-raiser. On this beautiful Sunday afternoon, 75 bowlers arrived at T-Byrd Lanes in Rochelle to support the CASA program. Fourteen teams were sponsored by area businesses/agencies including: Rochelle Community Hospital, Crest Foods, The Ogle County Juvenile Justice Council, First National Bank, Focus House, Exelon, Ogle County Probation Department, Sara Lee, Rochelle Police Department (sponsors of two teams), Rochelle Fire Department, TLC, Sam’s Drive In, and a sponsor who asked to remain anonymous. Throughout the three-hour event, bowlers won T-shirts for the high/low game, a 50/50 raffle was conducted, along with a table of donated raffle gifts. Other event sponsors included: Merlin’s Greenhouse and Flowers, Oregon Super Valu, Byron Snyder’s Drug Store, Rochelle News-Leader, AMCORE Bank, Nancy’s Sparkling Wash in Oregon, Quality Metal, KSB Hospital, Byron Bank, Bemis Ford, and McDonald’s.
Special note to Deb Jordal of First National Bank, who donated back to CASA the winnings of the 50/50 raffle and had a perfect 300 game! Finally, a special thanks to Dan Wyka and his staff at T-Byrd Lanes as well as the CASA board members and the Friends of CASA, who made this day a huge success.
See you next year.
15th Judicial Circuit CASA Board Member
From the December 2-8, 2009 issue