- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
Bowl-a-thon Fund-raiser for CASA
Nov. 8, the 15th Judicial Circuit CASA kicked off their first Ogle County Bowl-a-thon Fund-raiser. On this beautiful Sunday afternoon, 75 bowlers arrived at T-Byrd Lanes in Rochelle to support the CASA program. Fourteen teams were sponsored by area businesses/agencies including: Rochelle Community Hospital, Crest Foods, The Ogle County Juvenile Justice Council, First National Bank, Focus House, Exelon, Ogle County Probation Department, Sara Lee, Rochelle Police Department (sponsors of two teams), Rochelle Fire Department, TLC, Sam’s Drive In, and a sponsor who asked to remain anonymous. Throughout the three-hour event, bowlers won T-shirts for the high/low game, a 50/50 raffle was conducted, along with a table of donated raffle gifts. Other event sponsors included: Merlin’s Greenhouse and Flowers, Oregon Super Valu, Byron Snyder’s Drug Store, Rochelle News-Leader, AMCORE Bank, Nancy’s Sparkling Wash in Oregon, Quality Metal, KSB Hospital, Byron Bank, Bemis Ford, and McDonald’s.
Special note to Deb Jordal of First National Bank, who donated back to CASA the winnings of the 50/50 raffle and had a perfect 300 game! Finally, a special thanks to Dan Wyka and his staff at T-Byrd Lanes as well as the CASA board members and the Friends of CASA, who made this day a huge success.
See you next year.
15th Judicial Circuit CASA Board Member
From the December 2-8, 2009 issue