- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Bowl-a-thon Fund-raiser for CASA
Nov. 8, the 15th Judicial Circuit CASA kicked off their first Ogle County Bowl-a-thon Fund-raiser. On this beautiful Sunday afternoon, 75 bowlers arrived at T-Byrd Lanes in Rochelle to support the CASA program. Fourteen teams were sponsored by area businesses/agencies including: Rochelle Community Hospital, Crest Foods, The Ogle County Juvenile Justice Council, First National Bank, Focus House, Exelon, Ogle County Probation Department, Sara Lee, Rochelle Police Department (sponsors of two teams), Rochelle Fire Department, TLC, Sam’s Drive In, and a sponsor who asked to remain anonymous. Throughout the three-hour event, bowlers won T-shirts for the high/low game, a 50/50 raffle was conducted, along with a table of donated raffle gifts. Other event sponsors included: Merlin’s Greenhouse and Flowers, Oregon Super Valu, Byron Snyder’s Drug Store, Rochelle News-Leader, AMCORE Bank, Nancy’s Sparkling Wash in Oregon, Quality Metal, KSB Hospital, Byron Bank, Bemis Ford, and McDonald’s.
Special note to Deb Jordal of First National Bank, who donated back to CASA the winnings of the 50/50 raffle and had a perfect 300 game! Finally, a special thanks to Dan Wyka and his staff at T-Byrd Lanes as well as the CASA board members and the Friends of CASA, who made this day a huge success.
See you next year.
15th Judicial Circuit CASA Board Member
From the December 2-8, 2009 issue