- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
Community news and notes
Holly Ridings, of Roscoe, was recently cast in Heidi Klum’s Project Runway and Models of the Runway. Ridings is a 2003 graduate of Rockton Hononegah High School and has been modeling for nine years. She was one of the 16 contestants chosen from the more than 3,000 who auditioned. Ridings can also be seen in a new series called Launch My Line, which will air on Bravo TV Dec. 2. … Heather Kieffer, of Belvidere, was elected vice president of the International Business Club (IBC) at Illinois State University. Kieffer is a senior at ISU, where she is pursuing a degree in international business and is also a member of Chi Omega. The IBC promotes interest in, and a better understanding of, the international business field through activities such as presentations by corporate speakers on internship opportunities, education on study abroad opportunities, company tours and conferences about international business. … Perry Randall, president and founder of Wealth Management, received the accredited investment fiduciary designation from the Center for Fiduciary Studies. AIF signifies training in fiduciary responsibility.
From the December 2-8, 2009 issue