- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Community news and notes
Holly Ridings, of Roscoe, was recently cast in Heidi Klum’s Project Runway and Models of the Runway. Ridings is a 2003 graduate of Rockton Hononegah High School and has been modeling for nine years. She was one of the 16 contestants chosen from the more than 3,000 who auditioned. Ridings can also be seen in a new series called Launch My Line, which will air on Bravo TV Dec. 2. … Heather Kieffer, of Belvidere, was elected vice president of the International Business Club (IBC) at Illinois State University. Kieffer is a senior at ISU, where she is pursuing a degree in international business and is also a member of Chi Omega. The IBC promotes interest in, and a better understanding of, the international business field through activities such as presentations by corporate speakers on internship opportunities, education on study abroad opportunities, company tours and conferences about international business. … Perry Randall, president and founder of Wealth Management, received the accredited investment fiduciary designation from the Center for Fiduciary Studies. AIF signifies training in fiduciary responsibility.
From the December 2-8, 2009 issue