- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Community news and notes
Holly Ridings, of Roscoe, was recently cast in Heidi Klum’s Project Runway and Models of the Runway. Ridings is a 2003 graduate of Rockton Hononegah High School and has been modeling for nine years. She was one of the 16 contestants chosen from the more than 3,000 who auditioned. Ridings can also be seen in a new series called Launch My Line, which will air on Bravo TV Dec. 2. … Heather Kieffer, of Belvidere, was elected vice president of the International Business Club (IBC) at Illinois State University. Kieffer is a senior at ISU, where she is pursuing a degree in international business and is also a member of Chi Omega. The IBC promotes interest in, and a better understanding of, the international business field through activities such as presentations by corporate speakers on internship opportunities, education on study abroad opportunities, company tours and conferences about international business. … Perry Randall, president and founder of Wealth Management, received the accredited investment fiduciary designation from the Center for Fiduciary Studies. AIF signifies training in fiduciary responsibility.
From the December 2-8, 2009 issue