- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
Community news and notes
Holly Ridings, of Roscoe, was recently cast in Heidi Klum’s Project Runway and Models of the Runway. Ridings is a 2003 graduate of Rockton Hononegah High School and has been modeling for nine years. She was one of the 16 contestants chosen from the more than 3,000 who auditioned. Ridings can also be seen in a new series called Launch My Line, which will air on Bravo TV Dec. 2. … Heather Kieffer, of Belvidere, was elected vice president of the International Business Club (IBC) at Illinois State University. Kieffer is a senior at ISU, where she is pursuing a degree in international business and is also a member of Chi Omega. The IBC promotes interest in, and a better understanding of, the international business field through activities such as presentations by corporate speakers on internship opportunities, education on study abroad opportunities, company tours and conferences about international business. … Perry Randall, president and founder of Wealth Management, received the accredited investment fiduciary designation from the Center for Fiduciary Studies. AIF signifies training in fiduciary responsibility.
From the December 2-8, 2009 issue