- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Dog and Cat First Aid from the American Red Cross
From press release
The American Red Cross is known for helping to keep Rock River-area residents and their families healthy and safe. Now, with its Dog and Cat First Aid course, they can help do the same for four-legged loved ones as well. The American Red Cross is offering its next Dog and Cat First Aid course from 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 5.
Pre-registration and pre-payment are required. Individuals can contact Shannon Redden to register at (815) 332-8595.
For more information about course offerings, call the Rock River Chapter at (815) 963-8471 or visit www.rockriver.redcross.org.
From the December 2-8, 2009 issue