- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Rockford Park District news briefs
From press release
Holiday Ice Show Dec. 12—Mark your calendars now for this annual holiday festival! Rockford Park District’s Riverview Ice House will host the
Snow on Ice
holiday show, 6:30 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 12. One hundred local skaters ages 3 through adult of all levels from Rockford Park District’s Learn to Skate and Figure Skating programs will demonstrate their skills in solo, duet and trio performances as well as group numbers, all accompanied by music of the season. Special guests will be Dance Source Unlimited and special guest skaters. General admission show tickets are $5 per person in advance or $7 at the door; children ages 2 and younger are admitted free. Advance tickets are available at Carlson Ice Arena, 4150 N. Perryville Road, Loves Park, and at Riverview Ice House, 324 N. Madison St., Rockford. For more information, call (815) 969-4069. For information about accessibility and assisted listening equipment for people with disabilities, call (815) 987-8800.
Golf Indoors at ISC—Golfers can keep their swing tuned up through the winter at Rockford Park District’s indoor golf range at the Indoor Sports Center, 8800 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park. The indoor range is open Jan. 5 through March 10, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Range balls are $5 per bucket. Take your game to the next level with lessons available from a Rockford Park District pro! (Lesson fees vary; call (815) 987-8843 or (815)289-0667 for private lesson information.) Adapted equipment is available for golfers with disabilities; call (815) 987-8800 for more accessibility information. For information about activities at ISC, call (815) 885-1135.
From the December 2-8, 2009 issue