- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
- Rockford Rocked: A chat with local musician Tony Walker
- Drafts & Fare: Women brewers find more recognition in market
Rockford Park District news briefs
From press release
Holiday Ice Show Dec. 12—Mark your calendars now for this annual holiday festival! Rockford Park District’s Riverview Ice House will host the
Snow on Ice
holiday show, 6:30 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 12. One hundred local skaters ages 3 through adult of all levels from Rockford Park District’s Learn to Skate and Figure Skating programs will demonstrate their skills in solo, duet and trio performances as well as group numbers, all accompanied by music of the season. Special guests will be Dance Source Unlimited and special guest skaters. General admission show tickets are $5 per person in advance or $7 at the door; children ages 2 and younger are admitted free. Advance tickets are available at Carlson Ice Arena, 4150 N. Perryville Road, Loves Park, and at Riverview Ice House, 324 N. Madison St., Rockford. For more information, call (815) 969-4069. For information about accessibility and assisted listening equipment for people with disabilities, call (815) 987-8800.
Golf Indoors at ISC—Golfers can keep their swing tuned up through the winter at Rockford Park District’s indoor golf range at the Indoor Sports Center, 8800 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park. The indoor range is open Jan. 5 through March 10, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Range balls are $5 per bucket. Take your game to the next level with lessons available from a Rockford Park District pro! (Lesson fees vary; call (815) 987-8843 or (815)289-0667 for private lesson information.) Adapted equipment is available for golfers with disabilities; call (815) 987-8800 for more accessibility information. For information about activities at ISC, call (815) 885-1135.
From the December 2-8, 2009 issue