- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Thanks to Rep. Jefferson for cell phone drive for victims of domestic violence
I want to thank [State] Rep. [Chuck] Jefferson (D-Rockford) for taking the initiative to hold a cell phone drive for victims of domestic violence last month. It was truly a wonderful opportunity that Rep. Jefferson offered for our community, and I want to thank him for bringing awareness to this serious matter. I was able to take some phones out from my family to support the drive. They collected a total of 92 cell phones.
I also want to thank Rep. Jefferson for allowing Illinois Victims to work closely with him on legislation relating to victims’ rights. He always takes the time to listen and is always very supportive of our efforts.
Loves Park, Ill.
From the December 2-8, 2009 issue