- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
Thanks to Rep. Jefferson for cell phone drive for victims of domestic violence
I want to thank [State] Rep. [Chuck] Jefferson (D-Rockford) for taking the initiative to hold a cell phone drive for victims of domestic violence last month. It was truly a wonderful opportunity that Rep. Jefferson offered for our community, and I want to thank him for bringing awareness to this serious matter. I was able to take some phones out from my family to support the drive. They collected a total of 92 cell phones.
I also want to thank Rep. Jefferson for allowing Illinois Victims to work closely with him on legislation relating to victims’ rights. He always takes the time to listen and is always very supportive of our efforts.
Loves Park, Ill.
From the December 2-8, 2009 issue