- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
- State Roundup: Plaintiffs join Rauner on fair share case
Thanks to Rep. Jefferson for cell phone drive for victims of domestic violence
I want to thank [State] Rep. [Chuck] Jefferson (D-Rockford) for taking the initiative to hold a cell phone drive for victims of domestic violence last month. It was truly a wonderful opportunity that Rep. Jefferson offered for our community, and I want to thank him for bringing awareness to this serious matter. I was able to take some phones out from my family to support the drive. They collected a total of 92 cell phones.
I also want to thank Rep. Jefferson for allowing Illinois Victims to work closely with him on legislation relating to victims’ rights. He always takes the time to listen and is always very supportive of our efforts.
Loves Park, Ill.
From the December 2-8, 2009 issue