- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Thanks to Rep. Jefferson for cell phone drive for victims of domestic violence
I want to thank [State] Rep. [Chuck] Jefferson (D-Rockford) for taking the initiative to hold a cell phone drive for victims of domestic violence last month. It was truly a wonderful opportunity that Rep. Jefferson offered for our community, and I want to thank him for bringing awareness to this serious matter. I was able to take some phones out from my family to support the drive. They collected a total of 92 cell phones.
I also want to thank Rep. Jefferson for allowing Illinois Victims to work closely with him on legislation relating to victims’ rights. He always takes the time to listen and is always very supportive of our efforts.
Loves Park, Ill.
From the December 2-8, 2009 issue