- Jimmy Clausen to start for Bears Sunday against Lions
- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Thanks to Rep. Jefferson for cell phone drive for victims of domestic violence
I want to thank [State] Rep. [Chuck] Jefferson (D-Rockford) for taking the initiative to hold a cell phone drive for victims of domestic violence last month. It was truly a wonderful opportunity that Rep. Jefferson offered for our community, and I want to thank him for bringing awareness to this serious matter. I was able to take some phones out from my family to support the drive. They collected a total of 92 cell phones.
I also want to thank Rep. Jefferson for allowing Illinois Victims to work closely with him on legislation relating to victims’ rights. He always takes the time to listen and is always very supportive of our efforts.
Loves Park, Ill.
From the December 2-8, 2009 issue