- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Timber Lake offers The Santa Class
From press release
MT. CARROLL, Ill.—The Santa Class at Timber Lake Playhouse in Mt. Carroll, Ill., is a unique look at Christmas, through the eyes and hearts of the guys who don the red suit and make Santa come alive.
Enter the world of Joey Archobellino as he teaches his annual Santa class. His stories range from hilarious to heart rending, and his philosophy is clear, simple and loving. You’ll never look at another Santa the same way again.
The play reveals the secret of Santa, so it is not a class for young children who still believe. It is for the kid in all of us who grew up loving Santa.
Performances will be Saturday, Dec. 5, with hors d’oeuvres served at 7 p.m. and show time at 8 p.m. Saturday evening tickets are $30 each.
Sunday, Dec. 6, hors d’oeuvres are served at 1 p.m., with show time at 2 p.m. Sunday afternoon tickets are $25 each.
All performances are at the Lake Carroll Clubhouse, 29-11 Ironwood Blvd., Lake Carroll, Ill.
To reserve tickets for The Santa Class, call the Timber Lake Playhouse Box Office between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday-Friday, at (815) 244-2035.
From the December 2-8, 2009 issue