- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Vacancy on the Winnebago County Board as a result of Randal Olson’s resignation
From press release
One appointment will need to be made to the Winnebago County Board because of the resignation of Randal Olson (Republican serving County Board District 1). Effective immediately, through Monday, Dec. 7, at 5 p.m., letters of interest, résumés, biographical sheets and letters of recommendation shall be submitted by mail to:
• Winnebago County Board Chairman’s Office, Administration Building, 404 Elm St., Room 533, Rockford, IL 61101
• or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements of interested individuals:
• Must be a registered voter
• Must live within the Winnebago County Board District in which vacancy occurs (District 1)
• Applicant must be a Republican.
State statute provides that the vacancy is to be filled by the county board chairman within 60 days with the advice and consent of the county board. The deadline for this appointment is Jan. 23, 2010. The last board meeting within the 60 days is Thursday, Jan. 14, 2010, and the appointment will need to be made at or before this county board meeting.
Recommendations from the Republican Party to the county board chairman must be received no later than 5 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 9. The county board chairman will make a recommendation to the Winnebago County Board for a first reading on or before the Thursday, Dec. 10, county board meeting.
For questions, call the County Board Chairman’s Office at (815) 319-4233.
From the December 2-8, 2009 issue