- Meet John Doe: Businesses, politicians and gov’t should follow junk email laws
- Entertainment abound for this week’s First Friday
- State Roundup: Special election dates set
- Test drive: the 2015 Ford F-150
- Fracking never on a path to sustainability
- Indiana boxes itself into legal corner
- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
Vacancy on the Winnebago County Board as a result of Randal Olson’s resignation
From press release
One appointment will need to be made to the Winnebago County Board because of the resignation of Randal Olson (Republican serving County Board District 1). Effective immediately, through Monday, Dec. 7, at 5 p.m., letters of interest, résumés, biographical sheets and letters of recommendation shall be submitted by mail to:
• Winnebago County Board Chairman’s Office, Administration Building, 404 Elm St., Room 533, Rockford, IL 61101
• or by e-mail to: email@example.com.
Requirements of interested individuals:
• Must be a registered voter
• Must live within the Winnebago County Board District in which vacancy occurs (District 1)
• Applicant must be a Republican.
State statute provides that the vacancy is to be filled by the county board chairman within 60 days with the advice and consent of the county board. The deadline for this appointment is Jan. 23, 2010. The last board meeting within the 60 days is Thursday, Jan. 14, 2010, and the appointment will need to be made at or before this county board meeting.
Recommendations from the Republican Party to the county board chairman must be received no later than 5 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 9. The county board chairman will make a recommendation to the Winnebago County Board for a first reading on or before the Thursday, Dec. 10, county board meeting.
For questions, call the County Board Chairman’s Office at (815) 319-4233.
From the December 2-8, 2009 issue