- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Cheech and Chong to hit Rockford March 27
By Jim Hagerty
Comedian Tommy Chong predicted several years ago he and Richard “Cheech” Marin would again experience a big payday following a lengthy hiatus as one of the world’s best-known comedy duos. Whether he was referring to Cheech and Chong’s “Get it Legal” Tour isn’t known. Regardless, the tour will make a stop in Rockford Saturday, March 27, 2010, at the Coronado Performing Arts Center.
Cheech and Chong emerged in the early 1970s with their unusual brand of marijuana- and hippie-referenced brand of humor, which resulted in 10 comedy albums and widely popular feature films such as Up in Smoke, Nice Dreams and Still Smokin’ before breaking up.
The tour, which kicks off Jan. 10, 2010, in Boulder, Colo., includes stops in Ft. Worth, Texas, Portland, Ore., and Ann Arbor, Mich. Chong’s wife and comedy partner, Shelby Chong, will open all dates.
Tickets are on sale and available by contacting the Coronado box office at (815) 968-CPAC (2722) or visiting www.coronadopac.org. A complete list of tour dates, bio and Cheech and Chong merchandise store can be found at cheechandchongtour.com.
From the Dec. 9-15, 2009 issue