- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Cheech and Chong to hit Rockford March 27
By Jim Hagerty
Comedian Tommy Chong predicted several years ago he and Richard “Cheech” Marin would again experience a big payday following a lengthy hiatus as one of the world’s best-known comedy duos. Whether he was referring to Cheech and Chong’s “Get it Legal” Tour isn’t known. Regardless, the tour will make a stop in Rockford Saturday, March 27, 2010, at the Coronado Performing Arts Center.
Cheech and Chong emerged in the early 1970s with their unusual brand of marijuana- and hippie-referenced brand of humor, which resulted in 10 comedy albums and widely popular feature films such as Up in Smoke, Nice Dreams and Still Smokin’ before breaking up.
The tour, which kicks off Jan. 10, 2010, in Boulder, Colo., includes stops in Ft. Worth, Texas, Portland, Ore., and Ann Arbor, Mich. Chong’s wife and comedy partner, Shelby Chong, will open all dates.
Tickets are on sale and available by contacting the Coronado box office at (815) 968-CPAC (2722) or visiting www.coronadopac.org. A complete list of tour dates, bio and Cheech and Chong merchandise store can be found at cheechandchongtour.com.
From the Dec. 9-15, 2009 issue