- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Cheech and Chong to hit Rockford March 27
By Jim Hagerty
Comedian Tommy Chong predicted several years ago he and Richard “Cheech” Marin would again experience a big payday following a lengthy hiatus as one of the world’s best-known comedy duos. Whether he was referring to Cheech and Chong’s “Get it Legal” Tour isn’t known. Regardless, the tour will make a stop in Rockford Saturday, March 27, 2010, at the Coronado Performing Arts Center.
Cheech and Chong emerged in the early 1970s with their unusual brand of marijuana- and hippie-referenced brand of humor, which resulted in 10 comedy albums and widely popular feature films such as Up in Smoke, Nice Dreams and Still Smokin’ before breaking up.
The tour, which kicks off Jan. 10, 2010, in Boulder, Colo., includes stops in Ft. Worth, Texas, Portland, Ore., and Ann Arbor, Mich. Chong’s wife and comedy partner, Shelby Chong, will open all dates.
Tickets are on sale and available by contacting the Coronado box office at (815) 968-CPAC (2722) or visiting www.coronadopac.org. A complete list of tour dates, bio and Cheech and Chong merchandise store can be found at cheechandchongtour.com.
From the Dec. 9-15, 2009 issue