- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Cheech and Chong to hit Rockford March 27
By Jim Hagerty
Comedian Tommy Chong predicted several years ago he and Richard “Cheech” Marin would again experience a big payday following a lengthy hiatus as one of the world’s best-known comedy duos. Whether he was referring to Cheech and Chong’s “Get it Legal” Tour isn’t known. Regardless, the tour will make a stop in Rockford Saturday, March 27, 2010, at the Coronado Performing Arts Center.
Cheech and Chong emerged in the early 1970s with their unusual brand of marijuana- and hippie-referenced brand of humor, which resulted in 10 comedy albums and widely popular feature films such as Up in Smoke, Nice Dreams and Still Smokin’ before breaking up.
The tour, which kicks off Jan. 10, 2010, in Boulder, Colo., includes stops in Ft. Worth, Texas, Portland, Ore., and Ann Arbor, Mich. Chong’s wife and comedy partner, Shelby Chong, will open all dates.
Tickets are on sale and available by contacting the Coronado box office at (815) 968-CPAC (2722) or visiting www.coronadopac.org. A complete list of tour dates, bio and Cheech and Chong merchandise store can be found at cheechandchongtour.com.
From the Dec. 9-15, 2009 issue