- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Community news and notes for week of Dec. 9-15
The Illinois Humanities Council (IHC) announced John Buford, of Orangeville, Ill., was the recipient of the 2009 Studs Terkel Humanities Service Award. Orangeville Village President Don Hoyle said he nominated Buford because he “was an individual who has made a sustained and significant contribution to furthering public understanding of the humanities in their community.” The Studs Terkel Humanities Service Award reflects the spirit of the prize-winning oral historian and author – and son of Illinois – for which it is named. … Jeffrey Arnold, of Belvidere, was recently promoted to president at Integrated Separation Solutions in Sharon, Wis. His predecessor, Richard Heins, will remain as CEO and chairman of the board. … Terri Burdick and David Adkins of Blackhawk Bank received diplomas from the Graduate School of Banking at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Their graduation required participation in three years of comprehensive two-week resident sessions during the summers. The curriculum focused on the management of strategic issues facing banking executives and financial service industry professionals. Burdick is senior vice president of administration and operations; Adkins is senior vice president of consumer banking.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Dec. 9-15, 2009 issue