- Meet John Doe: Businesses, politicians and gov’t should follow junk email laws
- Entertainment abound for this week’s First Friday
- State Roundup: Special election dates set
- Test drive: the 2015 Ford F-150
- Fracking never on a path to sustainability
- Indiana boxes itself into legal corner
- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
Community news and notes for week of Dec. 9-15
The Illinois Humanities Council (IHC) announced John Buford, of Orangeville, Ill., was the recipient of the 2009 Studs Terkel Humanities Service Award. Orangeville Village President Don Hoyle said he nominated Buford because he “was an individual who has made a sustained and significant contribution to furthering public understanding of the humanities in their community.” The Studs Terkel Humanities Service Award reflects the spirit of the prize-winning oral historian and author – and son of Illinois – for which it is named. … Jeffrey Arnold, of Belvidere, was recently promoted to president at Integrated Separation Solutions in Sharon, Wis. His predecessor, Richard Heins, will remain as CEO and chairman of the board. … Terri Burdick and David Adkins of Blackhawk Bank received diplomas from the Graduate School of Banking at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Their graduation required participation in three years of comprehensive two-week resident sessions during the summers. The curriculum focused on the management of strategic issues facing banking executives and financial service industry professionals. Burdick is senior vice president of administration and operations; Adkins is senior vice president of consumer banking.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Dec. 9-15, 2009 issue