- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Community news and notes for week of Dec. 9-15
The Illinois Humanities Council (IHC) announced John Buford, of Orangeville, Ill., was the recipient of the 2009 Studs Terkel Humanities Service Award. Orangeville Village President Don Hoyle said he nominated Buford because he “was an individual who has made a sustained and significant contribution to furthering public understanding of the humanities in their community.” The Studs Terkel Humanities Service Award reflects the spirit of the prize-winning oral historian and author – and son of Illinois – for which it is named. … Jeffrey Arnold, of Belvidere, was recently promoted to president at Integrated Separation Solutions in Sharon, Wis. His predecessor, Richard Heins, will remain as CEO and chairman of the board. … Terri Burdick and David Adkins of Blackhawk Bank received diplomas from the Graduate School of Banking at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Their graduation required participation in three years of comprehensive two-week resident sessions during the summers. The curriculum focused on the management of strategic issues facing banking executives and financial service industry professionals. Burdick is senior vice president of administration and operations; Adkins is senior vice president of consumer banking.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Dec. 9-15, 2009 issue