- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Community news and notes for week of Dec. 9-15
The Illinois Humanities Council (IHC) announced John Buford, of Orangeville, Ill., was the recipient of the 2009 Studs Terkel Humanities Service Award. Orangeville Village President Don Hoyle said he nominated Buford because he “was an individual who has made a sustained and significant contribution to furthering public understanding of the humanities in their community.” The Studs Terkel Humanities Service Award reflects the spirit of the prize-winning oral historian and author – and son of Illinois – for which it is named. … Jeffrey Arnold, of Belvidere, was recently promoted to president at Integrated Separation Solutions in Sharon, Wis. His predecessor, Richard Heins, will remain as CEO and chairman of the board. … Terri Burdick and David Adkins of Blackhawk Bank received diplomas from the Graduate School of Banking at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Their graduation required participation in three years of comprehensive two-week resident sessions during the summers. The curriculum focused on the management of strategic issues facing banking executives and financial service industry professionals. Burdick is senior vice president of administration and operations; Adkins is senior vice president of consumer banking.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Dec. 9-15, 2009 issue