- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Where are the River District Holiday lights?
By Frank Schier
Editor & Publisher
As several folks have pointed out to The Rock River Times, the city seems to have been captured by an inter-governmental agreement between the Grinch and Scrooge.
Anti-mall-removal folks say holiday lights cannot be hung on trees no longer there. However, many trees (and businesses) still await holiday illumination on the rest of Main Street and on the other streets in the River District. What’d ya say—if the city can’t hang holiday decorations, why can’t we businesses just do it ourselves? At least, we can light up our storefronts.
From all of us here at The Rock River Times, happy holidays, and may all your fondest wishes appear under your tree, in your businesses and in an excellent New Year! Let’s light this place up!
From the Dec. 9-15, 2009 issue