- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
Zavius Jewelers partners with Rockford Rescue Mission to serve those in need
From press release
Economic conditions have impacted the local community such that the Rockford Rescue Mission has seen an increase in both feeding and housing needs of 20 percent over last year.
Zavius Jewelers, one of Rockford’s premier jewelers, will host a food and paper/personal item drive benefiting the Rockford Rescue Mission beginning Dec. 1 and running through Dec. 15. Anyone who brings in a donated item will receive a free jar of professional jewelry cleaner.
More than ever, people need the help of the community, including local businesses,
says Luis Paves, owner of Zavius Jewelers.
We are pleased to step up and do what we can to help the Rockford Rescue Mission in their efforts to provide food and shelter to those who need it most, and have already had great response from our customers.
On any given day, there are 800 or more homeless people in the Rockford area. With winter upon us, personal items such as blankets are as essential as food.
Zavius Jewelers is at 2636 McFarland Road, Rockford. Hours are 10 a.m.-7 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday.
From the December 9-15, 2009 issue