- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
- State Roundup: Plaintiffs join Rauner on fair share case
Zavius Jewelers partners with Rockford Rescue Mission to serve those in need
From press release
Economic conditions have impacted the local community such that the Rockford Rescue Mission has seen an increase in both feeding and housing needs of 20 percent over last year.
Zavius Jewelers, one of Rockford’s premier jewelers, will host a food and paper/personal item drive benefiting the Rockford Rescue Mission beginning Dec. 1 and running through Dec. 15. Anyone who brings in a donated item will receive a free jar of professional jewelry cleaner.
More than ever, people need the help of the community, including local businesses,
says Luis Paves, owner of Zavius Jewelers.
We are pleased to step up and do what we can to help the Rockford Rescue Mission in their efforts to provide food and shelter to those who need it most, and have already had great response from our customers.
On any given day, there are 800 or more homeless people in the Rockford area. With winter upon us, personal items such as blankets are as essential as food.
Zavius Jewelers is at 2636 McFarland Road, Rockford. Hours are 10 a.m.-7 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday.
From the December 9-15, 2009 issue