- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
Zavius Jewelers partners with Rockford Rescue Mission to serve those in need
From press release
Economic conditions have impacted the local community such that the Rockford Rescue Mission has seen an increase in both feeding and housing needs of 20 percent over last year.
Zavius Jewelers, one of Rockford’s premier jewelers, will host a food and paper/personal item drive benefiting the Rockford Rescue Mission beginning Dec. 1 and running through Dec. 15. Anyone who brings in a donated item will receive a free jar of professional jewelry cleaner.
More than ever, people need the help of the community, including local businesses,
says Luis Paves, owner of Zavius Jewelers.
We are pleased to step up and do what we can to help the Rockford Rescue Mission in their efforts to provide food and shelter to those who need it most, and have already had great response from our customers.
On any given day, there are 800 or more homeless people in the Rockford area. With winter upon us, personal items such as blankets are as essential as food.
Zavius Jewelers is at 2636 McFarland Road, Rockford. Hours are 10 a.m.-7 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday.
From the December 9-15, 2009 issue