- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Zavius Jewelers partners with Rockford Rescue Mission to serve those in need
From press release
Economic conditions have impacted the local community such that the Rockford Rescue Mission has seen an increase in both feeding and housing needs of 20 percent over last year.
Zavius Jewelers, one of Rockford’s premier jewelers, will host a food and paper/personal item drive benefiting the Rockford Rescue Mission beginning Dec. 1 and running through Dec. 15. Anyone who brings in a donated item will receive a free jar of professional jewelry cleaner.
More than ever, people need the help of the community, including local businesses,
says Luis Paves, owner of Zavius Jewelers.
We are pleased to step up and do what we can to help the Rockford Rescue Mission in their efforts to provide food and shelter to those who need it most, and have already had great response from our customers.
On any given day, there are 800 or more homeless people in the Rockford area. With winter upon us, personal items such as blankets are as essential as food.
Zavius Jewelers is at 2636 McFarland Road, Rockford. Hours are 10 a.m.-7 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday.
From the December 9-15, 2009 issue