- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Car traffic resumes Dec.18 after 34 years
Main Street between Elm and Mulberry streets: Rockford’s two-block downtown pedestrian mall, installed in the mid-’70s, will be open for two-way holiday traffic this Friday, Dec. 18, with work continuing through spring on the installation of ornamental lighting and streetscape elements.