- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Community news and notes: week of Dec. 16-22, 2009
Dec. 11, Rockford Mayor Larry J. Morrissey (I) honored 125 City of Rockford employees in the fourth annual “Excellence Everywhere” recognition ceremony. The “Excellence Everywhere” employee awards program recognizes extraordinary accomplishments by the City of Rockford employees and employee teams. Department heads and managers nominated more than 260 employees for recognition. A neutral selection committee made the final recommendations of the award recipients. Those receiving awards included: Accountability Award: Levon Todd; Accountability Team Award: Public Safety Building Garage Mechanics – Public Works; Customer Service Award: Nora Doyle; Customer Service Team Award: Water Division Customer Service Team – Public Works; Teamwork Award: Bill Beaman; Teamwork Award (Team): Tim Martin, Seth Sommer, Brenda Stromquist, Gene Werbicki, Ned Friel, Mike Bonavia and Kevin Ciabatti; Innovation Award: Mark Stockman; Innovation Team Award: Mark Honzel and Susan Bubick; Never Give Up! Award: Tyler Pearson; Never Give Up! Team Award: Chaplains Division of the Rockford Police Department; A.C.T.I.O.N. Award: Greg Cassaro; A.C.T.I.O.N. Team Award: Pothole Patching Crew – Public Works. … Several physicians joined the OSF Specialty Clinic at Guilford Square in Rockford. Dr. Pedro Rodriguez, cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgeon, is board-certified in general surgery. His specialty is breast cancer surgery. He lectures and attends plastic surgery meetings around the country and has been published in medical journals. Dr. Kianoush Sheykholes-lami, otolaryngologist and head and neck surgeon, is accepting patients with primary ENT problems. He focuses on the evaluation and treatment of patients who are challenged with chronic dizziness and balance disorders, parotid/thyroid masses, middle ear/mastoid conditions, hoarseness or voice changes. Dr. Kavitha Subramanian, infectious diseases and epidemiology, is accepting new patients age 15 or older. She also serves as epidemiologist for OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center. Dr. Dhaval Patel, cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgeon, is certified by the American Board of Surgery. He is accepting patients considering cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery options.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Dec. 16-22, 2009 issue