- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
Gallery Talk with Betsy Youngquist at Kortman Gallery Dec. 18
From press release
Artist Betsy Youngquist, whose spectacular beaded sculptures are featured at the Kortman Gallery, will conduct a gallery talk at 7 p.m., Friday, Dec. 18. The exhibition, titled “Fable:Explorations of the Fantastic,” features intricately-patterned beaded animals and objects that are extravagant, dazzling and romantic.
“If you missed the opening, this would be an excellent time to come see Betsy’s work,” said Doc Slafkosky, Kortman Gallery director. “You can meet the artist and learn more about her intrguing art. There is much more to her work than meets the eye. Plus, a Youngquist piece makes an extraordinary holiday gift.”
The Gallery Bar will also be open, featuring bar artist Dennis Horton mixing the now famous “Christmapolitan” cocktail and “Doc & Jerry” martinis.
“And, of course, J. R. Kortman Center for Design will be open until 10 p.m. for your holiday shopping pleasure,” said Nancy Froelich, store manager.
From the Dec. 16-22, 2009 issue