- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
Gallery Talk with Betsy Youngquist at Kortman Gallery Dec. 18
From press release
Artist Betsy Youngquist, whose spectacular beaded sculptures are featured at the Kortman Gallery, will conduct a gallery talk at 7 p.m., Friday, Dec. 18. The exhibition, titled “Fable:Explorations of the Fantastic,” features intricately-patterned beaded animals and objects that are extravagant, dazzling and romantic.
“If you missed the opening, this would be an excellent time to come see Betsy’s work,” said Doc Slafkosky, Kortman Gallery director. “You can meet the artist and learn more about her intrguing art. There is much more to her work than meets the eye. Plus, a Youngquist piece makes an extraordinary holiday gift.”
The Gallery Bar will also be open, featuring bar artist Dennis Horton mixing the now famous “Christmapolitan” cocktail and “Doc & Jerry” martinis.
“And, of course, J. R. Kortman Center for Design will be open until 10 p.m. for your holiday shopping pleasure,” said Nancy Froelich, store manager.
From the Dec. 16-22, 2009 issue