- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
Gallery Talk with Betsy Youngquist at Kortman Gallery Dec. 18
From press release
Artist Betsy Youngquist, whose spectacular beaded sculptures are featured at the Kortman Gallery, will conduct a gallery talk at 7 p.m., Friday, Dec. 18. The exhibition, titled “Fable:Explorations of the Fantastic,” features intricately-patterned beaded animals and objects that are extravagant, dazzling and romantic.
“If you missed the opening, this would be an excellent time to come see Betsy’s work,” said Doc Slafkosky, Kortman Gallery director. “You can meet the artist and learn more about her intrguing art. There is much more to her work than meets the eye. Plus, a Youngquist piece makes an extraordinary holiday gift.”
The Gallery Bar will also be open, featuring bar artist Dennis Horton mixing the now famous “Christmapolitan” cocktail and “Doc & Jerry” martinis.
“And, of course, J. R. Kortman Center for Design will be open until 10 p.m. for your holiday shopping pleasure,” said Nancy Froelich, store manager.
From the Dec. 16-22, 2009 issue