- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
- RAA says legal opinion validates ordinance concerns
- Perfect? Not quite, but Wagner’s latest is up to the task
- Democrats readying $36 billion budget
- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
Gallery Talk with Betsy Youngquist at Kortman Gallery Dec. 18
From press release
Artist Betsy Youngquist, whose spectacular beaded sculptures are featured at the Kortman Gallery, will conduct a gallery talk at 7 p.m., Friday, Dec. 18. The exhibition, titled “Fable:Explorations of the Fantastic,” features intricately-patterned beaded animals and objects that are extravagant, dazzling and romantic.
“If you missed the opening, this would be an excellent time to come see Betsy’s work,” said Doc Slafkosky, Kortman Gallery director. “You can meet the artist and learn more about her intrguing art. There is much more to her work than meets the eye. Plus, a Youngquist piece makes an extraordinary holiday gift.”
The Gallery Bar will also be open, featuring bar artist Dennis Horton mixing the now famous “Christmapolitan” cocktail and “Doc & Jerry” martinis.
“And, of course, J. R. Kortman Center for Design will be open until 10 p.m. for your holiday shopping pleasure,” said Nancy Froelich, store manager.
From the Dec. 16-22, 2009 issue