- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
OSF St. Anthony Center for Sports Medicine offers discount on golf program for holiday season
From press release
If you are searching for a unique Christmas gift idea, consider the Golf Advancement Prorgram (GAP), an individualized program offered through the OSF St. Anthony Center for Sports Medicine and Health Fitness.
For the month of December, gift certificates for the initial evaluation will be offered at the discounted fee of $100, a savings of $35.
Filling the GAP between the lessons and links,
the Golf Advancement Program helps participants understand the biomechanics of the golf swing, learn about key muscles used in golf, improve strength and flexibility, reduce the risk of golf-related injuries and decrease aches and pains following a round of golf.
The initial evaluation consists of:
Physical Screening: A series of 11 tests will evaluate flexibility, strength, balance and posture. Results will help determine which areas will be targeted in the individually-designed exercise program.
Video Analysis of Your Golf Swing: Using computer technology and video data, the instructors will pinpoint any biomechanical flaws in the golf swing that may lead to injury or prevent optimal performance.
Result of Findings: The instructors will review the results of the physical screen and video analysis with each individual to begin designing specialized workouts.
Golf-Specific Exercise Instruction: The instructors will design and teach the golf-specific exercises that participants need to reach their fullest potential.
GAP instructors are certified athletic trainers, physical therapists and certified strength and conditioning specialists who are certified by the Titleist Performance Institute, recognized as the world’s premier player development system.
Additional individual and group sessions are available to help participants make the most of the off-season. GAP instructors can create a program designed to bring success during this next golfing season.
Sessions are held at the OSF St. Anthony Center for Health, 5510 E. State St., in Rockford.
For information or to schedule an appointment, call the OSF Center for Health at (815) 395-4505, option 6.
From the Dec. 16-22, 2009 issue