- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
OSF St. Anthony Center for Sports Medicine offers discount on golf program for holiday season
From press release
If you are searching for a unique Christmas gift idea, consider the Golf Advancement Prorgram (GAP), an individualized program offered through the OSF St. Anthony Center for Sports Medicine and Health Fitness.
For the month of December, gift certificates for the initial evaluation will be offered at the discounted fee of $100, a savings of $35.
Filling the GAP between the lessons and links,
the Golf Advancement Program helps participants understand the biomechanics of the golf swing, learn about key muscles used in golf, improve strength and flexibility, reduce the risk of golf-related injuries and decrease aches and pains following a round of golf.
The initial evaluation consists of:
Physical Screening: A series of 11 tests will evaluate flexibility, strength, balance and posture. Results will help determine which areas will be targeted in the individually-designed exercise program.
Video Analysis of Your Golf Swing: Using computer technology and video data, the instructors will pinpoint any biomechanical flaws in the golf swing that may lead to injury or prevent optimal performance.
Result of Findings: The instructors will review the results of the physical screen and video analysis with each individual to begin designing specialized workouts.
Golf-Specific Exercise Instruction: The instructors will design and teach the golf-specific exercises that participants need to reach their fullest potential.
GAP instructors are certified athletic trainers, physical therapists and certified strength and conditioning specialists who are certified by the Titleist Performance Institute, recognized as the world’s premier player development system.
Additional individual and group sessions are available to help participants make the most of the off-season. GAP instructors can create a program designed to bring success during this next golfing season.
Sessions are held at the OSF St. Anthony Center for Health, 5510 E. State St., in Rockford.
For information or to schedule an appointment, call the OSF Center for Health at (815) 395-4505, option 6.
From the Dec. 16-22, 2009 issue