- Tech-Friendly: Get the LG G Flex 2 and other big smartphones at U.S. Cellular
- State Roundup: Unfunded pension liability greater impact than fluctuating revenue
- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
Randy Sabien & Friends at Mendelssohn Dec. 18
From press release
Charlotte’s Web for the Performing Arts welcomes back Randy Sabien (& Friends) at 7:30 p.m., Friday, Dec. 18, at Mendelssohn PAC, 415 N. Church St., Rockford.
When Randy picks up his violin, get ready. His rhythmic, bluesy, swingin’ sound will have you bobbing your head, tapping your toes and dancing right out of your chair. Since J.R. Sullivan will be in New York this year, the Web called on one of their favorite Hometown Holiday musicians to come and sing and play in Rockford. He was happy to oblige. Who can forget Randy’s
Boogie Woogie Christmas
and other Sabien-terpretations of seasonal favorites as only he can do?
Join Charlotte’s Web for an evening of festive fiddling with Randy Sabien & Friends. The show is co-sponsored by Cliffbreakers River Suites and WNIJ-89.5 FM. Opening the Seasonal Spectacular will be one of Rockford’s newest rising stars, Kelly Steward. Her voice is distinct and stands out from many of the female vocalists out there today. She has a raw musical talent with a voice deep in rich tones and a vocal range that will astound you—timeless nuances that ring out beautifully in her highly-nuanced Neo-Traditionalist Country songs. Kelly Steward is a classic singer-songwriter in the vein of Emmylou Harris, Shelby Lynne, Tift Merritt, and Kelly Willis.
Charlotte’s Web will be drawing the winner of the raffle for an iPod Classic filled with live concert recordings of the past 37 years of Web concerts.
Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 at the door, or $15 for students. Advance tickets are available at Rockford Area Arts Council, 713 E. State, (815) 963-6765; both of The Postal Shoppe locations, in the Edgebrook Center, (815) 397-7301 and 2205 S. Perryville, (815) 484-0940; The Kilt & Clover, 1414 N. Main, (815) 962-5458; and JustGoods, 201 Seventh St., (815) 965-8903. Tickets can also be ordered with credit card via PayPal ($1 /ticket service charge), at www.charlotteswebofrockford.com. Print your receipt and present it at the door to redeem your tickets. Tickets for this concert are also available at Katie’s Cup, (815) 986-0628.
For more information, call (815) 964-2238 or visit www.charlotteswebofrockford.com.
From the Dec. 16-22, 2009 issue