- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Big holiday weekend planned at Big Cities Lounge
Downtown’s Big Cities Lounge will be closed Friday, Dec. 25, for Christmas. Saturday and Sunday (Dec. 26-27), the club will re-opens its doors for two shows.
Saturday, blues favorite, Brother K, featuring bassist Dave Kaye (Dave Hole, Bo Diddley, Barstool Bob, others) and guitar player, Dave Wood (Joe Moss Band, etc.). Wood also plays with the Barstool Bob band. Show starts at 9 p.m.
Paul Green’s School of Rock All-Stars, now in their 11th year on the road, will take the Big Cities stage Sunday, Dec. 27.
The holiday tour consists of 17 shows in 14 cities and includes stops in New Jersey, Pittsburgh, Ohio and New York. Rockford is the only Illinois date on on the Paul Green School of Rock All-Stars tour.
The All-Stars consist of the best musicians and performers from the nationwide Paul Green School of Rock Music, which has locations in 18 states, including Washington D.C.
Show starts at 7 p.m. Cover charge information can be obtained by calling Big Cities at (815)965-6026.
Big Cities Lounge is at 905 E. State St., across from Uncle Nick’s. A complete music schedule can be found by clicking here.