- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Big holiday weekend planned at Big Cities Lounge
Downtown’s Big Cities Lounge will be closed Friday, Dec. 25, for Christmas. Saturday and Sunday (Dec. 26-27), the club will re-opens its doors for two shows.
Saturday, blues favorite, Brother K, featuring bassist Dave Kaye (Dave Hole, Bo Diddley, Barstool Bob, others) and guitar player, Dave Wood (Joe Moss Band, etc.). Wood also plays with the Barstool Bob band. Show starts at 9 p.m.
Paul Green’s School of Rock All-Stars, now in their 11th year on the road, will take the Big Cities stage Sunday, Dec. 27.
The holiday tour consists of 17 shows in 14 cities and includes stops in New Jersey, Pittsburgh, Ohio and New York. Rockford is the only Illinois date on on the Paul Green School of Rock All-Stars tour.
The All-Stars consist of the best musicians and performers from the nationwide Paul Green School of Rock Music, which has locations in 18 states, including Washington D.C.
Show starts at 7 p.m. Cover charge information can be obtained by calling Big Cities at (815)965-6026.
Big Cities Lounge is at 905 E. State St., across from Uncle Nick’s. A complete music schedule can be found by clicking here.