- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
Big holiday weekend planned at Big Cities Lounge
Downtown’s Big Cities Lounge will be closed Friday, Dec. 25, for Christmas. Saturday and Sunday (Dec. 26-27), the club will re-opens its doors for two shows.
Saturday, blues favorite, Brother K, featuring bassist Dave Kaye (Dave Hole, Bo Diddley, Barstool Bob, others) and guitar player, Dave Wood (Joe Moss Band, etc.). Wood also plays with the Barstool Bob band. Show starts at 9 p.m.
Paul Green’s School of Rock All-Stars, now in their 11th year on the road, will take the Big Cities stage Sunday, Dec. 27.
The holiday tour consists of 17 shows in 14 cities and includes stops in New Jersey, Pittsburgh, Ohio and New York. Rockford is the only Illinois date on on the Paul Green School of Rock All-Stars tour.
The All-Stars consist of the best musicians and performers from the nationwide Paul Green School of Rock Music, which has locations in 18 states, including Washington D.C.
Show starts at 7 p.m. Cover charge information can be obtained by calling Big Cities at (815)965-6026.
Big Cities Lounge is at 905 E. State St., across from Uncle Nick’s. A complete music schedule can be found by clicking here.