- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Chocoholic Frolic Feb. 18 at Clock Tower
From press release
Are you struggling to find that perfect stocking stuffer for that special someone? How about a little bit of
chocolate and charity
this gift-giving season? Tickets are now on sale for The Arc of Winnebago, Boone & Ogle Counties’ Third Annual Chocoholic Frolic.
The $25 tickets are now available for
Rockford’s Sweetest Night of the Year,
which will take place Thursday, Feb. 18, 2010, at the Clock Tower Resort.
The evening begins with a wine and cheese social hour at 5:30 p.m. with doors to the chocolate festivities opening at 6:30 p.m. The event will feature an all-you-can-eat-sampling-extravaganza from 35 chocolate providers (celebrities, individuals and area restaurants), silent auction, 50/50 raffle, Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is people’s choice awards, carry-out containers, and much more!
Tickets are $25 in advance and $30 at the door. Special pricing for multiple tickets are Sweet Deal—Buy 5, get one free (six for $125) or Baker’s Dozen—Buy 10 and get three free (13 for $250). They can be purchased by calling The Arc at (815) 965-3455, online at arcwbo.org or at The Arc office (1222 E. State St., Rockford).
Since 1966, The Arc has served this community, providing support and advocacy to people with developmental disabilities and their families. Whether it’s helping parents to raise their child with autism or cerebral palsy at home, or helping an adult with mental retardation live safely, close to family, friends and work, The Arc staff is there.
State funding covers 30 percent of cost of services. Individuals and organizations in this community provide the other 70 percent through contributions and participation in The Arc fund-raisers.
We literally wouldn’t be able to survive without continued support from the local community,
said Executive Director Jacki Neil Boss.
From the Dec. 23-29, 2009 issue