- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Harmony Riley reunion show this Saturday, Dec. 26
For the first time in more than five years, the band that launched the careers of Rockford natives, Miles and Daxx Nielsen, will reunite this weekend for a special holiday show.
Harmony Riley will play Saturday, Dec. 26, at Giovanni’s. The show will be in the ballroom.
Harmony Riley featured Miles Nielsen on guitar and vocals and Daxx Nielsen behind the drums. The group had a large local and regional following and toured with several bands, including dates with Cheap Trick. It recorded an 11-song CD in 2002 before disbanding.
Since parting from Harmony Riley, Miles Nielsen has launched an up-and-coming solo career fueled by the debut, Miles, and joined Cory Chisel and The Wandering Sons as the band’s bass player. The Wandering Sons recently released their first full-length album, Death Won’t Send a Letter, on the RCA subsidiary, Black Seal.
Now living in Nashville, Tenn., Daxx Nielsen has worked as a drummer with a host of national acts such as Dick Dale, A Fine Frenzy, Billy Corgan and Cory Chisel and The Wandering Sons.
Show starts at 9 p.m. Giovanni’s is at 610 N. Bell School Rd. The club can be reached at (815) 398-6411.