- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Harmony Riley reunion show this Saturday, Dec. 26
For the first time in more than five years, the band that launched the careers of Rockford natives, Miles and Daxx Nielsen, will reunite this weekend for a special holiday show.
Harmony Riley will play Saturday, Dec. 26, at Giovanni’s. The show will be in the ballroom.
Harmony Riley featured Miles Nielsen on guitar and vocals and Daxx Nielsen behind the drums. The group had a large local and regional following and toured with several bands, including dates with Cheap Trick. It recorded an 11-song CD in 2002 before disbanding.
Since parting from Harmony Riley, Miles Nielsen has launched an up-and-coming solo career fueled by the debut, Miles, and joined Cory Chisel and The Wandering Sons as the band’s bass player. The Wandering Sons recently released their first full-length album, Death Won’t Send a Letter, on the RCA subsidiary, Black Seal.
Now living in Nashville, Tenn., Daxx Nielsen has worked as a drummer with a host of national acts such as Dick Dale, A Fine Frenzy, Billy Corgan and Cory Chisel and The Wandering Sons.
Show starts at 9 p.m. Giovanni’s is at 610 N. Bell School Rd. The club can be reached at (815) 398-6411.