- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Resolve tough holiday stains with expert tips
Courtesy of ARA Content
According to a recent survey of 50 top parenting, style and entertaining bloggers, 94 percent plan to entertain this holiday season. Decorating the house with seasonal decor and linens is part of the holiday tradition for many families. However, more than 84 percent of hosts anticipate they’ll have to throw away linens following the celebration.
The holiday dinner table is a buffet of tough stains waiting to happen. Survey respondents reported red wine as the toughest stain challenge, followed by cranberry sauce, gravy and dark-colored juice. You may want to consider investing in a red tablecloth so stains can blend in.
To keep the holidays festive and garments and decor fresh year after year, the stain fighting experts at RESOLVE fabric care offer the following tips for fighting holiday stains:
• Always dab spills and treat as soon as possible.
• Pre-treat stains while they’re still on the table. A product like RESOLVE MAX Power Stain Stick ensures the spot will come out in the wash, even after sitting in the laundry basket for a week.
• If stains are found after the party, treat with a stain fighter specially formulated for dried-in stains like RESOLVE MAX Trigger. These products help to eliminate set stains.
• Read the labels on garments and linens, as they contain useful information about an item’s tolerance and often include water temperature instructions.
• To keep holiday tablecloths looking new year after year, use RESOLVE Bright & White In-the-Wash Laundry Booster, keeping colors bright and whites white after every wash load.
Rather than tossing clothing or holiday tablecloths, try fighting the stain first. The RESOLVE fabric care portfolio, formerly called Spray ’n Wash, leverages 40 years of stain-fighting experience to break through the toughest holiday spots and spills. Look for the familiar green bottle—now with a red RESOLVE label—in the laundry care aisle. The products are safe to use on holiday linens, as well as everyday pieces, though you should always read the label first. For more information, visit www.PowerOfResolve.com.
From the Dec. 23-29, 2009 issue