- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Teen bands encouraged to audition for 2010 RAMI Youth Charity Jam
From press release
Rockford Area Music Industry (RAMI) is inviting teen-aged bands from Winnebago, Boone, Ogle, Stephenson and Rock counties to audition for the 2010 RAMI Youth Charity Jam. Auditions will be Saturday, Feb. 27, 2010, at the Tebala Shrine Temple, 7910 Newburg Road, in Rockford. Application deadline is Jan. 30, 2010.
For a band to be eligible, at least two-thirds of its members must be 19 years of age or younger and enrolled in high school in one of the designated counties.
The top seven bands, as determined by the auditions, will perform at the 2010 RAMI Youth Charity Jam Saturday, March 27, 2010, also held at the Tebala Shrine Temple. In addition, the first-place winner will receive $250, recording time donated by Darkhouse Productions, and will be invited to perform at the 19th Annual RAMI Awards Ceremony Thursday, April 29, 2010. The second-place winner will receive $200 and the third-place winner $150. The band selling the most tickets to the Youth Charity Jam will receive $100 as well.
Proceeds from this event will be applied to the Gary S. Wilmer Memorial Scholarship Fund, administered by the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois. Each year, the recipient of the scholarship is chosen from nominations submitted by music teachers. The student must be a graduating senior from Boone or Winnebago County who has a GPA of at least 2.5; plans to pursue a degree in music performance, education or composition; and is actively involved in school or community musical groups. Nominations will be accepted until Feb. 1, 2010.
To obtain an Application Form to audition for the Youth Charity Jam, go to www.ramiawards.com. For more information, e-mail email@example.com or call (815) 847-8228. For information about the Gary S. Wilmer Memorial Scholarship, contact the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois at (815) 962-2110.
From the Dec. 23-29, 2009 issue