- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
- BREAKING: Rauner vetoes state budget
Bower City Theatre Company holds auditions for Jesus Christ Superstar
From press release
JANESVILLE, Wis.—Bower City Theatre Company will hold open auditions for the rock opera Jesus Christ Superstar, the groundbreaking theatrical masterpiece by the legendary writing team of Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber. Auditions will be at 1 p.m., Sunday, Jan. 10, at The Janesville Performing Arts Center, 408 S. Main St., Janesville, Wis.
Those auditioning should prepare 24 bars of a song of their choice. Bring sheet music. An accompanist will be provided. Auditions are open to anyone 14 years and older. For information, e-mail email@example.com.
The production, directed by Jim Tropp, choreographed by Michael Stanek, and music directed by Cindy Blanc, will be presented April 16-24. Performances will be at The Janesville Performing Arts Center. Tickets are available at the JPAC box office or by phone at (608) 758-0297, or bowercitytheatre.org.
Performances will be at 7:30 p.m., Friday and Saturday, April 16 and 17, and at 2 p.m., Sunday April 23; also at 7:30 p.m., Friday, April 23; and 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., Saturday, April 24.
Bower City Theatre Company, Inc., is a nonprofit regional theater company that brings together professional and non-professional artists to engage, inspire, entertain and challenge audiences with theatrical productions that range from the classics to new works.
From the Dec. 30, 2009 – Jan. 5, 2010 issue