- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Bower City Theatre Company holds auditions for Jesus Christ Superstar
From press release
JANESVILLE, Wis.—Bower City Theatre Company will hold open auditions for the rock opera Jesus Christ Superstar, the groundbreaking theatrical masterpiece by the legendary writing team of Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber. Auditions will be at 1 p.m., Sunday, Jan. 10, at The Janesville Performing Arts Center, 408 S. Main St., Janesville, Wis.
Those auditioning should prepare 24 bars of a song of their choice. Bring sheet music. An accompanist will be provided. Auditions are open to anyone 14 years and older. For information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The production, directed by Jim Tropp, choreographed by Michael Stanek, and music directed by Cindy Blanc, will be presented April 16-24. Performances will be at The Janesville Performing Arts Center. Tickets are available at the JPAC box office or by phone at (608) 758-0297, or bowercitytheatre.org.
Performances will be at 7:30 p.m., Friday and Saturday, April 16 and 17, and at 2 p.m., Sunday April 23; also at 7:30 p.m., Friday, April 23; and 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., Saturday, April 24.
Bower City Theatre Company, Inc., is a nonprofit regional theater company that brings together professional and non-professional artists to engage, inspire, entertain and challenge audiences with theatrical productions that range from the classics to new works.
From the Dec. 30, 2009 – Jan. 5, 2010 issue