- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Bower City Theatre Company holds auditions for Jesus Christ Superstar
From press release
JANESVILLE, Wis.—Bower City Theatre Company will hold open auditions for the rock opera Jesus Christ Superstar, the groundbreaking theatrical masterpiece by the legendary writing team of Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber. Auditions will be at 1 p.m., Sunday, Jan. 10, at The Janesville Performing Arts Center, 408 S. Main St., Janesville, Wis.
Those auditioning should prepare 24 bars of a song of their choice. Bring sheet music. An accompanist will be provided. Auditions are open to anyone 14 years and older. For information, e-mail email@example.com.
The production, directed by Jim Tropp, choreographed by Michael Stanek, and music directed by Cindy Blanc, will be presented April 16-24. Performances will be at The Janesville Performing Arts Center. Tickets are available at the JPAC box office or by phone at (608) 758-0297, or bowercitytheatre.org.
Performances will be at 7:30 p.m., Friday and Saturday, April 16 and 17, and at 2 p.m., Sunday April 23; also at 7:30 p.m., Friday, April 23; and 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., Saturday, April 24.
Bower City Theatre Company, Inc., is a nonprofit regional theater company that brings together professional and non-professional artists to engage, inspire, entertain and challenge audiences with theatrical productions that range from the classics to new works.
From the Dec. 30, 2009 – Jan. 5, 2010 issue