- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Bower City Theatre Company holds auditions for Jesus Christ Superstar
From press release
JANESVILLE, Wis.—Bower City Theatre Company will hold open auditions for the rock opera Jesus Christ Superstar, the groundbreaking theatrical masterpiece by the legendary writing team of Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber. Auditions will be at 1 p.m., Sunday, Jan. 10, at The Janesville Performing Arts Center, 408 S. Main St., Janesville, Wis.
Those auditioning should prepare 24 bars of a song of their choice. Bring sheet music. An accompanist will be provided. Auditions are open to anyone 14 years and older. For information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The production, directed by Jim Tropp, choreographed by Michael Stanek, and music directed by Cindy Blanc, will be presented April 16-24. Performances will be at The Janesville Performing Arts Center. Tickets are available at the JPAC box office or by phone at (608) 758-0297, or bowercitytheatre.org.
Performances will be at 7:30 p.m., Friday and Saturday, April 16 and 17, and at 2 p.m., Sunday April 23; also at 7:30 p.m., Friday, April 23; and 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., Saturday, April 24.
Bower City Theatre Company, Inc., is a nonprofit regional theater company that brings together professional and non-professional artists to engage, inspire, entertain and challenge audiences with theatrical productions that range from the classics to new works.
From the Dec. 30, 2009 – Jan. 5, 2010 issue