- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Community news and notes for week of Dec. 30
Four Rockford School District teachers recently earned National Board Certification, bringing the total of teachers with National Board Certification in District 205 to 33. The teachers who completed the rigorous requirements to receive certification in 2009 were: Nancy Dunnavan of Bloom Elementary School, certified in Generalist/Early Childhood; Aprel Prunty of Roosevelt Alternative High School, certified in English Language Arts/Adolescence and Young Adulthood; Doris Skaar of Flinn Middle School, certified in Literacy: Reading-Language Arts/Early and Middle Childhood; Adrianna Villagomez of Rockford Environment Science Academy, certified in Art/Early Adolescence through Young Adulthood. … Marjorie Veitch joined Fehr-Graham and Associates as an environmental specialist. As part of the Assessment and Remediation section of the Environmental Sciences Division, she will be involved in environmental site assessments, regulatory compliance and site remediation. … John Groh, Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau president/chief executive officer, was elected to the executive board of the Illinois Council of Convention and Visitors Bureaus (ICCVB). ICCVB helps members become more effective in attracting visitors to their communities, provides educational opportunities and encourages cooperation. It also is the industry’s prime advocacy group.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Dec. 30, 2009 – Jan. 5, 2010 issue