- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
Community news and notes for week of Dec. 30
Four Rockford School District teachers recently earned National Board Certification, bringing the total of teachers with National Board Certification in District 205 to 33. The teachers who completed the rigorous requirements to receive certification in 2009 were: Nancy Dunnavan of Bloom Elementary School, certified in Generalist/Early Childhood; Aprel Prunty of Roosevelt Alternative High School, certified in English Language Arts/Adolescence and Young Adulthood; Doris Skaar of Flinn Middle School, certified in Literacy: Reading-Language Arts/Early and Middle Childhood; Adrianna Villagomez of Rockford Environment Science Academy, certified in Art/Early Adolescence through Young Adulthood. … Marjorie Veitch joined Fehr-Graham and Associates as an environmental specialist. As part of the Assessment and Remediation section of the Environmental Sciences Division, she will be involved in environmental site assessments, regulatory compliance and site remediation. … John Groh, Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau president/chief executive officer, was elected to the executive board of the Illinois Council of Convention and Visitors Bureaus (ICCVB). ICCVB helps members become more effective in attracting visitors to their communities, provides educational opportunities and encourages cooperation. It also is the industry’s prime advocacy group.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Dec. 30, 2009 – Jan. 5, 2010 issue