- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
New venue for I Love You, You’re Perfect, Now Change
From press release
Because of a construction conflict on their theater, the Main Street Players of Boone County needed a new venue for their February theater production of I Love You, You’re Perfect, Now Change.
The Clock Tower Resort agreed to make their theater space available to the Main Street Players. The play is based on the book by Joe DiPietro, with music by Jimmy Roberts. Directed by Jennifer Thompson, this celebration of the mating game takes on the truths and myths behind that contemporary conundrum known as
Act I explores the journey from dating and waiting to love and marriage, while Act II reveals the agonies and triumphs of in-laws and newborns, trips in the family car and pick-up techniques of the geriatric set.
Performance schedule is as follows: Friday, Feb. 12 at 8 p.m.; Saturday, Feb. 13 at 8 p.m.; Sunday, Feb. 14 at 2 p.m.; Friday, Feb. 19 at 8 p.m.; Sunday, Feb. 21 at 2 p.m.; Friday, Feb. 26 at 8 p.m.; Saturday, Feb. 27 at 8 p.m.; Sunday, Feb. 28 at 2 p.m.
New dates have been added, and the performance time Feb. 27 has been changed. All performances are at the Clock Tower Resort Theatre at 7801 E. State St., Rockford.
Ticket prices are $14 adult, $12 senior and $5 student. The play is presented through special arrangement with R&H Theatricals: www.rnhtheatricals.com.
Call (815) 229-4020 or visit www.mainstreetplayersofboonecounty.com for more information. Clock Tower Resort will offer special dinner theater packages for both Tilted Kilt and SunDial Restaurant.
From the Dec. 30, 2009 – Jan. 5, 2010 issue