- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
American Idol premieres on Fox
By Jim Hagerty
The biggest show on television, American Idol, makes its return Tuesday, Jan. 12 (7 to 9 p.m.) and Wednesday, Jan. 13 (7 to 8:15 p.m.). The two-night special kicks off the ninth season on Fox.
Comedian and talk-show host Ellen Degeneres will join creator Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson and Kara DioGuardi on the judges’ panel. She replaces Paula Abdul.
Hosted by Ryan Seacrest, American Idol premiered June 11, 2002, and has been the No. 1 show for five consecutive years, according to Nielsen Ratings. The series is a spin-off of Cowell’s Pop Idol, which aired in the United Kingdom from 2001 to 2004.
Past American Idol winners include Kelly Clarkson, Rueben Studdard and country sensation Carrie Underwood.
Auditions, taped earlier this year, were judged by a host of singers including Mary J. Blige, Avril Lavigne and Shania Twain.
From the Jan. 6-12, 2010 issue