- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
- Rockford Rocked: A chat with local musician Tony Walker
- Drafts & Fare: Women brewers find more recognition in market
Community news and notes: week of Jan. 6-12, 2010
Beritt Mills recently joined the aestheticism group at High Maintenance Salon & Spa in Loves Park, bringing the total number of aestheticians to three. Mills grew up in Rockford, graduated from Rockford College and recently returned to the Rock River Valley. She specializes in the treatment and prevention of acne. … Dr. Ryan Enke of Rockford Orthopedic Associates, Ltd., recently participated in a research study about adolescent cross-country runners and co-wrote an article detailing the results. The article was in the September 2009 issue of PM&R Journal. The objective was to determine which factors are most important in selecting and replacing running shoes, as improper selection and use of running shoes has been identified as a possible injury risk factor. Dr. Enke’s practice is focused on providing specialized, non-operative treatment and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal injuries and pain. He has a special interest in runners and endurance athletes and offers a Running Medicine Clinic for injury evaluation and treatment. … ILmedplan.com recently added two additional employees to keep up with demand for individual health insurance. Hank Smith joined Benefit Solutions as sales manager, and Andy Bawinkel is the new health insurance specialist.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Jan. 6-12, 2010 issue