- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Community news and notes: week of Jan. 6-12, 2010
Beritt Mills recently joined the aestheticism group at High Maintenance Salon & Spa in Loves Park, bringing the total number of aestheticians to three. Mills grew up in Rockford, graduated from Rockford College and recently returned to the Rock River Valley. She specializes in the treatment and prevention of acne. … Dr. Ryan Enke of Rockford Orthopedic Associates, Ltd., recently participated in a research study about adolescent cross-country runners and co-wrote an article detailing the results. The article was in the September 2009 issue of PM&R Journal. The objective was to determine which factors are most important in selecting and replacing running shoes, as improper selection and use of running shoes has been identified as a possible injury risk factor. Dr. Enke’s practice is focused on providing specialized, non-operative treatment and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal injuries and pain. He has a special interest in runners and endurance athletes and offers a Running Medicine Clinic for injury evaluation and treatment. … ILmedplan.com recently added two additional employees to keep up with demand for individual health insurance. Hank Smith joined Benefit Solutions as sales manager, and Andy Bawinkel is the new health insurance specialist.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Jan. 6-12, 2010 issue