- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
Globetrotters at MetroCentre Jan. 8
By Doug Halberstadt
They’ve played the game on six continents and in 120 countries around the world. This year marks the beginning of their 84th continuous season. They’ve played more than 25,000 games and won almost 99 percent of them. They’ve entertained millions and millions of fans, including presidents and popes.
This Friday, Jan. 8, The Harlem Globetrotters return to the state where it all began for them 83 years ago. Back on Jan. 7, 1927, they played their first game as an organized team in Hinckley, Ill. Flash forward to 2010, and this Friday’s game will be played at the Rockford MetroCentre. Game time is 7 p.m.
The Globetrotters’ unique blend of athleticism and comedy promise to keep fans of all ages entertained. In addition to many of their long-lasting, time-tested, laugh-producing staple routines, the team has promised to show their fans a new trick or two. “The Harlem Globetrotters are the unbeatable global entertainment experience that emotionally connects to and thrills every member of the family,” says ’Trotters CEO Kurt Schneider.
Tickets for the Globetrotters’ game are available at www.metrocenre.com or at the MetroCentre box office. Prices range from $18 to $80. For more information about the Harlem Globetrotters’ Rockford appearance, call (815) 968-5600.
Doug Halberstadt can be reached via e-mail at Dougster61@aol.com.
From the Jan. 6-12, 2010 issue