- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Music On Main series presents The Essen Trio Jan. 11
From press release
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center’s Music On Main concert series presents the Essen Trio at 5:30 p.m., Monday, Jan. 11, at Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., Rockford.
The Essen Trio are Rachel Handlin, violin; Michael Beert, cello; and Rulee Stallmann, piano.
The program includes first movement from Sonata No. 1 in E Minor for cello and piano by Johannes Brahms; Piano Trio in B Flat Major KV502 (movement to be determined) by W.A. Mozart; and selected Rumanian dances for violin and piano by Bela Bartok.
Wine and cheese will be provided.
In lieu of admission, bring a cash donation or non-perishable food item for the Rock River Valley Pantry (RRVP). All cash donations will be shared between RRVP and the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center.
From the Jan. 6-12, 2010 issue