- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Music On Main series presents The Essen Trio Jan. 11
From press release
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center’s Music On Main concert series presents the Essen Trio at 5:30 p.m., Monday, Jan. 11, at Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., Rockford.
The Essen Trio are Rachel Handlin, violin; Michael Beert, cello; and Rulee Stallmann, piano.
The program includes first movement from Sonata No. 1 in E Minor for cello and piano by Johannes Brahms; Piano Trio in B Flat Major KV502 (movement to be determined) by W.A. Mozart; and selected Rumanian dances for violin and piano by Bela Bartok.
Wine and cheese will be provided.
In lieu of admission, bring a cash donation or non-perishable food item for the Rock River Valley Pantry (RRVP). All cash donations will be shared between RRVP and the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center.
From the Jan. 6-12, 2010 issue