- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Music On Main series presents The Essen Trio Jan. 11
From press release
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center’s Music On Main concert series presents the Essen Trio at 5:30 p.m., Monday, Jan. 11, at Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., Rockford.
The Essen Trio are Rachel Handlin, violin; Michael Beert, cello; and Rulee Stallmann, piano.
The program includes first movement from Sonata No. 1 in E Minor for cello and piano by Johannes Brahms; Piano Trio in B Flat Major KV502 (movement to be determined) by W.A. Mozart; and selected Rumanian dances for violin and piano by Bela Bartok.
Wine and cheese will be provided.
In lieu of admission, bring a cash donation or non-perishable food item for the Rock River Valley Pantry (RRVP). All cash donations will be shared between RRVP and the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center.
From the Jan. 6-12, 2010 issue