- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Music On Main series presents The Essen Trio Jan. 11
From press release
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center’s Music On Main concert series presents the Essen Trio at 5:30 p.m., Monday, Jan. 11, at Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., Rockford.
The Essen Trio are Rachel Handlin, violin; Michael Beert, cello; and Rulee Stallmann, piano.
The program includes first movement from Sonata No. 1 in E Minor for cello and piano by Johannes Brahms; Piano Trio in B Flat Major KV502 (movement to be determined) by W.A. Mozart; and selected Rumanian dances for violin and piano by Bela Bartok.
Wine and cheese will be provided.
In lieu of admission, bring a cash donation or non-perishable food item for the Rock River Valley Pantry (RRVP). All cash donations will be shared between RRVP and the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center.
From the Jan. 6-12, 2010 issue