- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Music On Main series presents The Essen Trio Jan. 11
From press release
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center’s Music On Main concert series presents the Essen Trio at 5:30 p.m., Monday, Jan. 11, at Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., Rockford.
The Essen Trio are Rachel Handlin, violin; Michael Beert, cello; and Rulee Stallmann, piano.
The program includes first movement from Sonata No. 1 in E Minor for cello and piano by Johannes Brahms; Piano Trio in B Flat Major KV502 (movement to be determined) by W.A. Mozart; and selected Rumanian dances for violin and piano by Bela Bartok.
Wine and cheese will be provided.
In lieu of admission, bring a cash donation or non-perishable food item for the Rock River Valley Pantry (RRVP). All cash donations will be shared between RRVP and the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center.
From the Jan. 6-12, 2010 issue