- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
OSF St. Anthony Medical Center offers nutrition class
From press release
Continuing research confirms that the food we eat has a major impact on our health, on how we function and on how we develop or avoid certain health problems.
Whether you are concerned about your blood pressure, cholesterol, your children’s diets, your budget, athletic performance or the nutrition needs of seniors, the registered dietitians at OSF St. Anthony Medical Center offer one-session classes that can help.
Eating to Lower Your Cholesterol
will be offered from 5:30 to 7 p.m., Tuesday, Jan. 19. This class explores the basics of a low-saturated fat, high-fiber eating plan. It is intended for those who are just beginning to change their eating habits, for those who need to review a low-cholesterol eating plan, or for those who need a push to get back on track.
During this class, a dietitian will evaluate the participants’ current eating patterns and make recommendations for changes that will help them meet their goals of blood pressure or cholesterol reduction. Participants will learn what their blood pressure and cholesterol readings mean, learn to calculate maximum grams of fat and saturated fat, learn what and how much to eat and receive an introduction into reading labels.
Participants receive written materials explaining the eating plan as well as some recipes to try at home.
All nutrition classes are held at the OSF St. Anthony Center for Health, 5510 E. State St., Room 154. The fee is $20 for each class.
Registration by calling (815) 395-5025 is required. Space is limited to allow for discussion and questions and to ensure that sufficient materials are available.
OSF St. Anthony Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, is a member of OSF HealthCare System, an affiliate corporation of The Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis. Its Web site is osfsaintanthony.org.
OSF St. Anthony is the only Rockford medical center to earn the elite Magnet designation for nursing excellence. It is the highest award for nursing available in the U.S.
From the Jan. 6-12, 2010 issue