- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Community news and notes: week of Jan. 13-19, 2010
Ryan Spiess, of Rockford, joined Century 21 Country North as a sales associate. He will specialize in residential property sales in the Rockford/Winnebago area. Veronica Ortega returned as a sales associate to the office. Investment Realtor Rick Davis and his licensed assistant, Dawn James, also joined the Rockford office. … Beloit Regional Hospice awarded the 2009 Spirit of Caring Award to Kim Beals, the owner of Brill Jewelers in Beloit, Wis. Beals has donated a variety of items for the diamond giveaway for each of Beloit Regional Hospice’s signature event, Doves and Diamonds: Celebrate Hospice. His commitment to the organization has also touched many through his advocacy, donations of jewelry to support other fund-raising efforts for the organization, and being interviewed for “A Hospice Moment” radio program aired on WGEZ in 2009. The Spirit of Caring Award is given annually to an individual, organization or business that has demonstrated dedication to strengthening the hospice concept in the stateline community in an effort to improve quality of life. … Asad Jamal, M.D., recently joined OSF Medical Group and has begun seeing new patients at the new OSF Medical Group-Cherry Valley. Dr. Jamal is a family medicine physician and earned his medical degree at Kazakh State Medical University in India. He completed his residency at Loyola/Cook County/ Provident Family Practice in Chicago. Dr. Jamal most recently worked at Fayette County Hospital and Long-Term Care in central Illinois.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Jan. 13-19, 2010 issue.