- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
- State Roundup: Plaintiffs join Rauner on fair share case
Green Communities Coalition hosts forum on the future of wind power
From press release
The Green Communities Coalition invites the public to attend a panel discussion about the costs and benefits of
from 3 to 5 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 16, at JustGoods, 201 Seventh St., Rockford.
Local experts will give short presentations potential economic and environmental impacts of a major wind turbine installation in Winnebago County. Presenters will be Keith Blackmore, retired professor and sustainability consultant; Dr. Robert Vogl, president, Illinois Renewable Energy Association; and Andrew Evans, project developer for Navitas, Inc. A question-and-answer session will follow experts’ presentations. Refreshments will be served.This event is free to the public. For more information, visit www.greencommunitiescoalition.org.
Green Communities Coalition is a nonprofit grassroots organization of northern Illinois dedicated to preserving and improving our environment through positive action.
From the Jan. 13-19, 2010 issue.