- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
Green Communities Coalition hosts forum on the future of wind power
From press release
The Green Communities Coalition invites the public to attend a panel discussion about the costs and benefits of
from 3 to 5 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 16, at JustGoods, 201 Seventh St., Rockford.
Local experts will give short presentations potential economic and environmental impacts of a major wind turbine installation in Winnebago County. Presenters will be Keith Blackmore, retired professor and sustainability consultant; Dr. Robert Vogl, president, Illinois Renewable Energy Association; and Andrew Evans, project developer for Navitas, Inc. A question-and-answer session will follow experts’ presentations. Refreshments will be served.This event is free to the public. For more information, visit www.greencommunitiescoalition.org.
Green Communities Coalition is a nonprofit grassroots organization of northern Illinois dedicated to preserving and improving our environment through positive action.
From the Jan. 13-19, 2010 issue.