- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
Green Communities Coalition hosts forum on the future of wind power
From press release
The Green Communities Coalition invites the public to attend a panel discussion about the costs and benefits of
from 3 to 5 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 16, at JustGoods, 201 Seventh St., Rockford.
Local experts will give short presentations potential economic and environmental impacts of a major wind turbine installation in Winnebago County. Presenters will be Keith Blackmore, retired professor and sustainability consultant; Dr. Robert Vogl, president, Illinois Renewable Energy Association; and Andrew Evans, project developer for Navitas, Inc. A question-and-answer session will follow experts’ presentations. Refreshments will be served.This event is free to the public. For more information, visit www.greencommunitiescoalition.org.
Green Communities Coalition is a nonprofit grassroots organization of northern Illinois dedicated to preserving and improving our environment through positive action.
From the Jan. 13-19, 2010 issue.