- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Green Communities Coalition hosts forum on the future of wind power
From press release
The Green Communities Coalition invites the public to attend a panel discussion about the costs and benefits of
from 3 to 5 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 16, at JustGoods, 201 Seventh St., Rockford.
Local experts will give short presentations potential economic and environmental impacts of a major wind turbine installation in Winnebago County. Presenters will be Keith Blackmore, retired professor and sustainability consultant; Dr. Robert Vogl, president, Illinois Renewable Energy Association; and Andrew Evans, project developer for Navitas, Inc. A question-and-answer session will follow experts’ presentations. Refreshments will be served.This event is free to the public. For more information, visit www.greencommunitiescoalition.org.
Green Communities Coalition is a nonprofit grassroots organization of northern Illinois dedicated to preserving and improving our environment through positive action.
From the Jan. 13-19, 2010 issue.