- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Green Communities Coalition hosts forum on the future of wind power
From press release
The Green Communities Coalition invites the public to attend a panel discussion about the costs and benefits of
from 3 to 5 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 16, at JustGoods, 201 Seventh St., Rockford.
Local experts will give short presentations potential economic and environmental impacts of a major wind turbine installation in Winnebago County. Presenters will be Keith Blackmore, retired professor and sustainability consultant; Dr. Robert Vogl, president, Illinois Renewable Energy Association; and Andrew Evans, project developer for Navitas, Inc. A question-and-answer session will follow experts’ presentations. Refreshments will be served.This event is free to the public. For more information, visit www.greencommunitiescoalition.org.
Green Communities Coalition is a nonprofit grassroots organization of northern Illinois dedicated to preserving and improving our environment through positive action.
From the Jan. 13-19, 2010 issue.