- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Ringo Starr preps latest All-Starr Band
By Jim Hagerty
In the midst of his latest studio release, former Beatle Ringo Starr is busy assembling the latest incarnation of his All-Starr Band.
Although it hasn’t been confirmed, the new roster is said to consist of Wally Palmar from The Romantics, Rick Derringer (The McCoys, Alice Cooper, others), Edgar Winter (The Edgar Winter Group) and Gary Wright of “Dream Weaver” fame.
Starr has been performing as Ringo Starr & His All-Starr Band since 1989. It’s had lineups and included members Joe Walsh, Randy Bachman, Peter Frampton, Richard Marx and Sheila E.
Starr’s latest, Y Not, includes collaborations from a list of notables such as Paul McCartney, Billy Squier, Ben Harper and Joss Stone, to name a few.
Tour dates have not been announced. Y Not can be previewed on Starr’s Web site: www.ringostarr.com and on YouTube.
From the Jan. 13-19, 2010 issue.