- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Ringo Starr preps latest All-Starr Band
By Jim Hagerty
In the midst of his latest studio release, former Beatle Ringo Starr is busy assembling the latest incarnation of his All-Starr Band.
Although it hasn’t been confirmed, the new roster is said to consist of Wally Palmar from The Romantics, Rick Derringer (The McCoys, Alice Cooper, others), Edgar Winter (The Edgar Winter Group) and Gary Wright of “Dream Weaver” fame.
Starr has been performing as Ringo Starr & His All-Starr Band since 1989. It’s had lineups and included members Joe Walsh, Randy Bachman, Peter Frampton, Richard Marx and Sheila E.
Starr’s latest, Y Not, includes collaborations from a list of notables such as Paul McCartney, Billy Squier, Ben Harper and Joss Stone, to name a few.
Tour dates have not been announced. Y Not can be previewed on Starr’s Web site: www.ringostarr.com and on YouTube.
From the Jan. 13-19, 2010 issue.