- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
Ringo Starr preps latest All-Starr Band
By Jim Hagerty
In the midst of his latest studio release, former Beatle Ringo Starr is busy assembling the latest incarnation of his All-Starr Band.
Although it hasn’t been confirmed, the new roster is said to consist of Wally Palmar from The Romantics, Rick Derringer (The McCoys, Alice Cooper, others), Edgar Winter (The Edgar Winter Group) and Gary Wright of “Dream Weaver” fame.
Starr has been performing as Ringo Starr & His All-Starr Band since 1989. It’s had lineups and included members Joe Walsh, Randy Bachman, Peter Frampton, Richard Marx and Sheila E.
Starr’s latest, Y Not, includes collaborations from a list of notables such as Paul McCartney, Billy Squier, Ben Harper and Joss Stone, to name a few.
Tour dates have not been announced. Y Not can be previewed on Starr’s Web site: www.ringostarr.com and on YouTube.
From the Jan. 13-19, 2010 issue.