- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Ringo Starr preps latest All-Starr Band
By Jim Hagerty
In the midst of his latest studio release, former Beatle Ringo Starr is busy assembling the latest incarnation of his All-Starr Band.
Although it hasn’t been confirmed, the new roster is said to consist of Wally Palmar from The Romantics, Rick Derringer (The McCoys, Alice Cooper, others), Edgar Winter (The Edgar Winter Group) and Gary Wright of “Dream Weaver” fame.
Starr has been performing as Ringo Starr & His All-Starr Band since 1989. It’s had lineups and included members Joe Walsh, Randy Bachman, Peter Frampton, Richard Marx and Sheila E.
Starr’s latest, Y Not, includes collaborations from a list of notables such as Paul McCartney, Billy Squier, Ben Harper and Joss Stone, to name a few.
Tour dates have not been announced. Y Not can be previewed on Starr’s Web site: www.ringostarr.com and on YouTube.
From the Jan. 13-19, 2010 issue.