- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Ringo Starr preps latest All-Starr Band
By Jim Hagerty
In the midst of his latest studio release, former Beatle Ringo Starr is busy assembling the latest incarnation of his All-Starr Band.
Although it hasn’t been confirmed, the new roster is said to consist of Wally Palmar from The Romantics, Rick Derringer (The McCoys, Alice Cooper, others), Edgar Winter (The Edgar Winter Group) and Gary Wright of “Dream Weaver” fame.
Starr has been performing as Ringo Starr & His All-Starr Band since 1989. It’s had lineups and included members Joe Walsh, Randy Bachman, Peter Frampton, Richard Marx and Sheila E.
Starr’s latest, Y Not, includes collaborations from a list of notables such as Paul McCartney, Billy Squier, Ben Harper and Joss Stone, to name a few.
Tour dates have not been announced. Y Not can be previewed on Starr’s Web site: www.ringostarr.com and on YouTube.
From the Jan. 13-19, 2010 issue.