- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
- State Roundup: Plaintiffs join Rauner on fair share case
This week in The Times: Jason Clifton
Vitals: Jason Clifton, 35, is originally from Tucson, Ariz. He has lived in the Rockford area for the past 10 years, and is employed as a concrete contractor. In his free time, Clifton enjoys carpentry and being outdoors.
1. If you could choose any elected official – local, state or national – to speak with one-on-one, who would it be and what would you say? I’d speak with President Barack Obama (D). I’d love to ask him about his first year or so in office and his impressions of his own success, or lack there of. He made a lot of promises in his campaign, but he has yet to come through on some of them. I’d like to know how he feels about making those promises now.
2. If you were to move away from the Rock River Valley, what three things would you miss the most? Honestly, there isn’t much to miss around here right now. I guess I’d miss the river, the friends I’ve made here and my job.
3. What is your opinion of Sarah Palin becoming a paid contributor to Fox News? I try my best not to watch Fox News, so I doubt I’ll ever have to see her. But, from what I know of both her and Fox News, it seems like a great fit, I guess.
4. Do you feel that Rockford’s salting and plowing during severe winter weather is sufficient? Yes and no, I guess. I think that sometimes they wait a bit too long to send the trucks out into the street. They let the snow pile up before they plow it for the most part. But, I’ve yet to have a problem driving during my winters here.
5. Question from last week’s “This week in The Times” participant, Sandra Cortez: What do you miss most about spring and summer now that winter is here? That’s an easy one…I miss the warmer temperatures and the chance to be outdoors.
“This week in The Times” is a weekly survey of people selected by The Rock River Times staff. The column does not accept unsolicited submissions.
From the Jan. 13-19, 2010 issue.