- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
U of I College of Medicine hosts ‘Fun with Food and Fitness’
Event Saturday, Jan. 16, at Parkview Campus
From press release
The University of Illinois College of Medicine at Rockford is hosting a free, educational event, “Fun with Food and Fitness,” as led by Ana-Maria Soleanicov, M.D.
The program will be at the Parkview Campus beginning at 9 a.m., Saturday, Jan. 16, with a meet-and-greet with samples of healthy foods and refreshments.
Fitness through folk dance alternating with relaxing music and healthy snacks will begin at 10 a.m. and continue through 1 p.m. Attendees will be shown easy dance steps.
The University of Illinois Extension—Winnebago County will host a panel discussion at 1 p.m., led by Andrea Hazzard, local food program coordinator. The panel will discuss their efforts in providing fresh, locally-grown produce to consumers in the area.
At 2 p.m., a master gardener will discuss the benefits of gardening. A second folk dance session will begin at 3 p.m. Belly dancing for fitness will begin at 4 p.m. Motivational music will conclude the day’s event as a component of relaxation.
The University of Illinois College of Medicine at Rockford has served the area since 1971 as a regional academic health science center. The university clinics are in Rockford, Rockton, Belvidere and Mt. Morris. For more information about the university clinics or this event, contact Cynthia Hall at (815) 395-5920 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
From the Jan. 13-19, 2010 issue.