- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
U of I College of Medicine hosts ‘Fun with Food and Fitness’
Event Saturday, Jan. 16, at Parkview Campus
From press release
The University of Illinois College of Medicine at Rockford is hosting a free, educational event, “Fun with Food and Fitness,” as led by Ana-Maria Soleanicov, M.D.
The program will be at the Parkview Campus beginning at 9 a.m., Saturday, Jan. 16, with a meet-and-greet with samples of healthy foods and refreshments.
Fitness through folk dance alternating with relaxing music and healthy snacks will begin at 10 a.m. and continue through 1 p.m. Attendees will be shown easy dance steps.
The University of Illinois Extension—Winnebago County will host a panel discussion at 1 p.m., led by Andrea Hazzard, local food program coordinator. The panel will discuss their efforts in providing fresh, locally-grown produce to consumers in the area.
At 2 p.m., a master gardener will discuss the benefits of gardening. A second folk dance session will begin at 3 p.m. Belly dancing for fitness will begin at 4 p.m. Motivational music will conclude the day’s event as a component of relaxation.
The University of Illinois College of Medicine at Rockford has served the area since 1971 as a regional academic health science center. The university clinics are in Rockford, Rockton, Belvidere and Mt. Morris. For more information about the university clinics or this event, contact Cynthia Hall at (815) 395-5920 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
From the Jan. 13-19, 2010 issue.