- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
U of I College of Medicine hosts ‘Fun with Food and Fitness’
Event Saturday, Jan. 16, at Parkview Campus
From press release
The University of Illinois College of Medicine at Rockford is hosting a free, educational event, “Fun with Food and Fitness,” as led by Ana-Maria Soleanicov, M.D.
The program will be at the Parkview Campus beginning at 9 a.m., Saturday, Jan. 16, with a meet-and-greet with samples of healthy foods and refreshments.
Fitness through folk dance alternating with relaxing music and healthy snacks will begin at 10 a.m. and continue through 1 p.m. Attendees will be shown easy dance steps.
The University of Illinois Extension—Winnebago County will host a panel discussion at 1 p.m., led by Andrea Hazzard, local food program coordinator. The panel will discuss their efforts in providing fresh, locally-grown produce to consumers in the area.
At 2 p.m., a master gardener will discuss the benefits of gardening. A second folk dance session will begin at 3 p.m. Belly dancing for fitness will begin at 4 p.m. Motivational music will conclude the day’s event as a component of relaxation.
The University of Illinois College of Medicine at Rockford has served the area since 1971 as a regional academic health science center. The university clinics are in Rockford, Rockton, Belvidere and Mt. Morris. For more information about the university clinics or this event, contact Cynthia Hall at (815) 395-5920 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
From the Jan. 13-19, 2010 issue.